Every passenger expects safe transportation from their point of departure to their destination. If you were involved in a bus accident, California law permits all accident victims the right to seek compensation for damages suffered as a result of an accident from the liable party’s auto insurance company.
Taking on a personal injury claim on your own can be overwhelming after a bus accident. However, seeking out the assistance of a personal injury attorney can help rid you of most of the burden so that you can focus on your recovery. Our bus accident lawyers at Setareh Law will help you collect evidence to prove liability. We can also handle all insurance negotiations on your behalf. Partnering with us can help you receive the compensation you deserve.
What Does a Bus Injury Claim Process Look Like?
If you have sustained injuries in a bus accident caused by a negligent bus driver, below are essential steps you should take when filing a personal injury claim against the liable party’s insurance company:
- Send a notification letter: Your lawyer will need to inform the insurance company of your intention to file for compensation.
- Prove liability: It is up to the claimant to prove that, in this instance, the bus driver neglected their duty of care to you and this resulted in your injuries.
- Ask for compensation: Your personal injury lawyer will help you determine how much is owed to you.
- Negotiate: Your attorney is better equipped to work out a settlement offer with the insurance company.
- File a lawsuit: If the insurance company refuses to offer you a fair amount, you can proceed to file a lawsuit in court.
You should not feel pressured to settle at the first offer from the insurance company, and an excellent personal injury attorney will ensure to get what is fairly owed to you.
Also, the statute of limitations provided to file your personal injury claim is two years from the date of injury, and six months if the claim is against a government agency in the state of California. Working with a personal injury lawyer can help you make sure that your claims are submitted on time.
Recoverable Compensation After a Bus Accident
Bus accidents can be severe, leaving victims at a significant disadvantage, both economically and non-economically. If you have been involved in a bus accident, you are legally permitted to seek financial compensation for any bus accident-related damages you may have suffered.
Compensatory damages may include:
- Medical expenses, such as emergency room treatment, medications, physical therapy, in-home care, and more
- Lost source of income
- Loss of future earnings
- Cost of property damage and vehicle repair
- Loss of companionship
- Disability and disfigurement
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of quality of life
- Wrongful death expenses, if applicable
Although non-economic losses cannot be quantified, compensatory damages go a long way in getting your mind away from the financial aspect during this challenging time, so you can focus on what is important. An excellent personal injury lawyer will dedicate themselves to getting you the compensation you’re rightfully owed.
Call Setareh Law For Help After a Bus Accident
Have you sustained injuries from a bus accident in California? Discuss the details of your case confidentially with one of our seasoned auto accident attorneys. Setareh Law is a renowned personal injury law firm committed to helping accident victims recover full and just compensation for their injuries. Our attorneys advocate for the rights and the best interest of every single one of our clients.
We handle each case on a contingency fee basis, meaning you only pay us when we deliver results. Our lawyers also speak Spanish. Do not hesitate to contact us at (310) 659-1826 or fill out an online contact form so we can help you recover the maximum compensation available.