Castro Valley Car Accident Lawyer
Car Accident Attorney in Castro Valley, CA
The roads around Castro Valley are busy seven days a week. Cars zoom down the highway weaving in and out of traffic in an effort to get to their final destination. In a busy area such as Castro Valley, car accidents are bound to happen. Car accidents can result in serious injuries, property damage, or even loss of life. If you’ve been involved in a car accident, you’re likely feeling overwhelmed. You should know, however, that you don’t have to suffer through this situation alone. If your accident was the result of someone else’s negligence you might be entitled to compensation.
The attorneys at Setareh Law are committed to providing reliable legal representation for victims of car accidents. We have won thousands of cases for individuals just like you across the state of California and strive to help you feel supported throughout the process.
What are Common Reasons for Car Accidents in Castro Valley?
Accidents occur in the blink of an eye. There are a variety of reasons car accident happen in Castro Valley including:
- Driving under the influence
- Driving distracted
- Driving drowsy
- Poor weather
- Bad road conditions
- Reckless driving
- …and more
Car accidents can result in a variety of hardships including medical bills and injuries. If you’ve been in a Castro Valley car accident, you might be entitled to a settlement according to the law. The attorneys at Setareh Law will examine the details surrounding your accident and help you determine the best course of action to achieve justice.
What Should I Do If I’ve Been in a Car Accident in Castro Valley?
Being in a car accident is overwhelming. After an accident, it’s not uncommon to be slightly confused and unsure of what you should do next. If you are in a car accident, you can use these six points as a guide.
- Seek care from a medical professional
- Call the local authorities (police, emergency medical professionals, etc.)
- File an official report
- Gather eye-witness statements
- Take pictures of injuries and property damage
- Contact a car accident attorney
In California, you must file an official report for any accident that causes injury or more than $1,000 in property damage. If you call the local authorities to the scene of the accident they will help you file the police report and submit all of the appropriate paperwork.
Am I Entitled to Compensation for My Car Accident Injuries?
You do not need to suffer because of someone else’s negligence. In California, the liable party of the car accident is responsible for the cost of the damages. Common reasons people seek a settlement after a car accident include:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Future loss of wages
- Ongoing medical treatment
- Medical devices
- Pain and suffering
- …and more
A trusted car accident attorney like the ones at Setareh Law can help you make sense of the situation following a car accident. At Setareh Law, we focus on the paperwork and legal issues so you can focus on what matters most – healing.
Our Skilled Car Accident Attorneys in Castro Valley Will Fight for you
If you’ve been in a car accident recently, there’s no time to waste before you contact a trusted car accident attorney. In Castro Valley, Setareh Law is a source of legal representation you can rely on. Our attorneys are experienced in car accident cases and will work tirelessly to help you be heard and understood by the insurance companies. We are committed to providing a positive client experience 100% of the time. To partner with knowledgeable attorneys who have decades of experience fighting car accident cases and have won millions of dollars in settlements for people like you, you need Setareh Law on your side.
To schedule a free consultation, call 310-659-1826 or contact us online today. We are ready to help you.
Frequently Asked Questions About Car Accidents in Castro Valley, CA
What damages can I recover after an auto accident?
There are generally four types of damages that may be recovered after an auto accident:
- Special Damages – Special damages may be filed for any financial hardships endured following a car accident, typically going towards covering the cost of immediate medical bills, future medical care, rehabilitation, physical therapy, and more. Special damages also cover any costs that accumulate if you are unable to work as a result of your injuries, such as lost wages and lost earning capacity.
- General Damages – General damages are meant to cover non-economic losses, such as pain and suffering, mental trauma, psychological anguish, and diminished quality of life.
- Wrongful Death – In accidents where a fatality occurs, wrongful death damages may be recovered. These types of damages may cover funeral and burial expenses, lost insurance or pension benefits, loss of companionship, and more.
- Punitive Damages – Punitive damages are awarded in cases of wanton disregard for human life or extreme cruelty. While it is possible that punitive damages are awarded in an auto accident case, it is important to realize that this is very rare and only found in extreme cases.
How would you calculate my pain and suffering from a car accident in CA?
Unlike special damages (discussed above) general damages can be more difficult to litigate, since they are open to interpretation. This is one of the many reasons why it is important to be represented by a qualified and experienced attorney.
What information do I need to file a car accident claim in California?
To file a car accident claim with your insurance company, you will need to have the following information:
- Names, addresses, telephone numbers, and driver’s license numbers from all drivers involved in the accident.
- License plate(s) and vehicle identification numbers.
- Names, addresses, and telephone numbers of other passengers and any witnesses.
- Photographs of the damage to the vehicle(s) and the accident scene (if possible).
Notify your insurance agent and/or insurance company immediately following the accident and call the experienced attorneys at Setareh Law to preserve your rights.