Beverly Hills Rideshare Accident Lawyer
Uber/Lyft Accident Attorneys in Beverly Hills
Over the last couple of years, Uber and Lyft have gained massive popularity to the point of taking over the traditional taxi business. While the rideshare business has become a preferred mode of transport for many Beverly Hills residents, Lyft and Uber’s accidents have also increased. Unfortunately, passengers may sustain serious injuries in an Uber/Lyft accident caused by the rideshare driver’s negligence.
If you’re a Beverly Hills resident involved in an Uber/Lyft accident, your priority should be protecting your rights. That may be achieved with the help of an experienced Beverly Hills rideshare accident lawyer at Setareh Law. We’ll negotiate your settlement for damages suffered from the accident and, in case of a lawsuit, pursue justice on your behalf.
How Do You Establish Fault in an Uber/Lyft Accident?
Ridesharing companies like Uber and Lyft do not operate, own, or control the vehicles operating under them. Therefore, proving liability will depend on multiple factors. If an Uber/Lyft driver causes the crush while:
- Off-duty: Then their personal insurance carrier will be responsible for covering any damages to you
- Signed in to work but not carrying a passenger: Their insurance carrier is primarily responsible for covering the accident. However, the rideshare company can provide limited coverage if the driver exhausts their personal insurance coverage limits or if their claim is denied
- Carrying a passenger or while on his way to pick one up: Both rideshare companies have a $1 million liability policy to provide coverage for all involved parties
- Logged into the Lyft/Uber app, but has yet to accept the rider’s request: The rideshare company’s limited liability coverage will provide coverage for injuries and property damage of up to $100,000 per accident
Proving liability in an Uber/Lyft accident and dealing with insurance companies in a bid to get compensated for damages and injuries sustained from the accident can be complex. You need to enlist a seasoned Uber/Lyft accident attorney with vast knowledge in dealing with insurance companies to boost your chances of a worthy outcome.
In some cases, the rideshare company’s insurance policy may not completely cover the full extent of a victim’s damages. In this scenario, the plaintiff may need to pursue partial compensation from the person at fault for the accident, whether the ridesharing driver or a third party.
What Should You Do If You’ve Been Involved in an Uber/Lyft Accident?
After an accident, it’s quite normal to be shaken up by the incident. However, if you are in a position to do so, it is vital to consider taking the following actions:
- Seek medical attention to ensure that your injuries are treated. Be sure to request documentation of your sustained injuries, which will be used as evidence in your case
- File a police report. A police report and witness statements may be vital to proving your side of the facts about who was negligent. Make sure to also report the incident to Uber/Lyft
- Take photos of the accident scene and anything that could help your case
- Collect the names, contact details, and insurance policies of the involved parties
Ensure you contact an Beverly Hills Uber/Lyft accident lawyer as soon as possible following the collision. A seasoned attorney in similar cases will be better positioned to defend your rights and get you the compensation you deserve.
Significant Injuries Caused by Uber/Lyft Accidents
Uber/Lyft accidents often result in serious injuries and, in severe cases, even death. Some of the common injuries associated with Uber/Lyft accidents include:
- Brain injury
- Broken bones
- Punctured lungs
- Loss of limbs
- Wrongful death
In the aftermath of an Uber/Lyft accident, the negligent party must be held responsible for both short-term and long-term medical care associated with the crash. Getting a detailed medical report after the accident is vital, as the specific extent of the injuries sustained will impact the financial compensation you receive. Ensure to include all details when being examined to get the best outcome for your personal injury claim.
What Compensation Are You Entitled to in an Uber/Lyft Accident?
Being involved in an Uber/Lyft accident can have detrimental consequences on the accident victim. You may lose property, get physically injured, suffer psychological distress, or even lose a loved one. Although no amount of money can undo the damage sustained, financial compensation will give you fewer things to worry about. Below are common reasons accident victims would seek compensation:
- Medical bills, including surgery and physical therapy
- Cost of ongoing medical treatment
- Loss of wages and reduced working capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Reduced quality of life
- Punitive damages, if the accident was a result of gross negligence or intentional actions
- Non-economic damages, such as emotional and psychological distress
- Wrongful death
A Beverly Hills Uber/Lyft accident lawyer will fight for you to receive the maximum possible compensation, whether from Uber/Lyft’s insurance policy or the at-fault driver’s insurance policy. A Beverly Hills rideshare accident lawyer has adequate experience to deal with insurance companies while ensuring your best interests are protected.
Contact Our Beverly Hills Rideshare Accidents Attorneys for a Free Consultation
Setareh Law’s team of attorneys is known to aggressively advocate for the rights and interests of every client injured in an auto accident or other personal injury. We will work hard to fight for the compensation you deserve if you were involved in an Uber/Lyft accident.
Have you been injured in a rideshare accident, either as a passenger or a motorist, because of a negligent Uber/Lyft driver? Setareh Law is here to help. Contact us at (310) 659-1826 or book an online free consultation with our skilled Beverly Hills Uber/Lyft accident lawyers in today. Our team also speaks Spanish.