Escondido Personal Injury Lawyer
Escondido Personal Injury Lawyers
Suffering an injury as a result of another person’s behavior can be an extremely frustrating experience. If you are an accident victim in Escondido, California, it’s essential to take action as soon as possible. Whether your injury was caused by hazardous conditions at your workplace or the actions of a driver on the road, you have the right to seek compensation for your damages under California’s personal injury laws. In accordance with California law, every person has a legal obligation to uphold a reasonable level of care to prevent harm to others. When individuals fail to uphold this duty, they can be held legally accountable.
At Setareh Law, our team of skilled Escondido personal injury lawyers is dedicated to fighting for your rights. We have committed our careers to ensure negligent individuals and corporations are held accountable for their careless actions. Our results-driven approach has allowed us to recover over $70 million in settlements for our clients. If you or someone you know has suffered an injury in Escondido and needs legal advice, we are here to help.
Personal Injury Cases We Handle in Escondido, California
Accidents can occur in a variety of settings for many reasons. Our team has extensive experience representing a broad spectrum of personal injury cases in California. While every case has its own context and contributing factors, most personal injury cases tend to fall into one of the following categories:
- Car accidents. As an at-fault state, accident victims in California must seek financial compensation from the insurance provider of the at-fault party. It is important to note that California applies the principle of comparative negligence in assigning fault. This means that both parties can be determined to have contributed to the accident. If you suspect you contributed any amount to the accident, it is essential to have an attorney on your side, as the court will reduce your compensation by your percentage of fault.
- Wrongful death. When a person is killed because of another person’s negligence or misconduct, their spouse or family members can pursue a wrongful death claim. Wrongful deaths can be caused by a variety of factors, including nursing home neglect, airplane accidents, etc. It is important to note that a wrongful death claim is not a criminal case—although there may be a criminal case for the fatality in question. This means there is usually a lower standard of proof required than there would be in a criminal case for murder or manslaughter.
- Product liability. When injuries arise from damages or injuries caused by defective and dangerous products, you can pursue a product liability claim. Products can be deemed defective or dangerous when they have improper warnings, manufacturing defects, poor operation manuals, and inadequate marketing. A wide range of products can be found defective, such as vehicle parts, medical devices, food, and drugs.
- Premise liability. When accidents are caused by unsafe conditions on someone’s property, you can pursue a premise liability claim. Dangerous property conditions can include an unsafe sidewalk on your neighbor’s property or slippery floors in a gas station. In these cases, it is essential to document the conditions that caused the accident as soon as possible.
These are a couple of broad categories that the majority of personal injury cases tend to fall into. The best way to truly understand the nature of your case and the best strategies for recovering damages is to work with a skilled personal injury attorney in Escondido.
What To Know About the Statute of Limitations in California
In California, the statute of limitations—or amount of time a victim has to file a claim after their accident—is two years for most cases. As an accident victim, this means it is essential to take action as soon as possible. After two years, you are barred from being able to pursue compensation through legal avenues. It is important to note that this is a general rule and that exceptions do apply in some cases.
Recovering Compensation for Your Damages
As an accident victim in California, you are entitled to pursue compensation for any accident-related damages. When you work with a skilled Escondido personal injury lawyer, they will examine the context of your accident and determine if you have grounds for a lawsuit. If you choose to pursue legal action, some of the damages you may be able to receive compensation for include:
- Accident-related injuries and medical expenses
- Lost earning capacity
- Emotional and physical pain and suffering
- Property damage
- Punitive damages
These are a couple of the damages for which you may be eligible to receive compensation. Meeting with a skilled personal injury lawyer in Escondido, California is the best way to understand your case.
Why You Need to Consult Our Escondido Personal Injury Attorneys Today
Whether you have been injured in a car accident or in a gas station, you have the right to monetary compensation. Navigating liability issues on your own can be a challenge, which is why it’s best to find an attorney who is experienced in understanding complex cases and negotiating with insurance companies.
If you have been injured as a result of another party’s negligence, the Escondido personal injury lawyers at Setareh Law are here to help. Our team of skilled attorneys prides itself on providing unmatched legal representation for plaintiffs across California dealing with personal injury and car accident matters. As members of the Beverly Hills Bar Association, we are dedicated to providing exceptional legal counsel. To schedule a free consultation with one of our skilled Escondido personal injury attorneys, call today at 310-659-1826 or fill out our online contact form.