Garden Grove Car Accident Lawyer
Car Accident Lawyer in Garden Grove, California
Drivers in Garden Grove face a number of potential hazards that can increase the risk of a devastating collision. After an accident, victims can find themselves facing considerable challenges, such as financial issues related to high medical bills, the inability to work, and, in many cases, ongoing pain and suffering. While insurance companies should pay out compensation that can alleviate some of that strain, all too often, car accident victims find themselves struggling to have their concerns recognized and their damages covered.
At Setareh Law, we understand the many challenges that victims of car accidents may end up having to deal with, so our car accident lawyers provide comprehensive legal support that can help guide them through the process. Thanks to our services, many car accident victims have recovered substantially more compensation for the losses they have faced.
Common Causes of Car Accidents in Garden Grove
Every year, California sees around 3,700 people killed and 270,00 injured due to car accidents. These devastating accidents often result from a driver’s negligent behavior on the road, including:
- Ignoring the rules of the road, such as neglecting to stop at a stop sign or red light
- Driving while distracted
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Drowsy driving
- Failure to yield to the right of way
When a driver fails to follow the rules of the road or otherwise engages in potentially dangerous behavior, that driver will often bear liability for the accident.
Potential Liable Parties
Working closely with a Garden Grove car accident attorney can make it easier to determine all parties that may share liability for your accident. These parties may include:
- The employer of a driver on the clock at the time of the accident may share liability for an accident when the employer encourages potentially dangerous driving policies.
- If a mechanical failure leads to an accident, the owner of the vehicle, the company that manufactured the vehicle, or a mechanic that recently worked on the vehicle may share liability.
- If a bar or restaurant over-served an already intoxicated patron under age 21 and the business knew that the individual planned to drive, that business may share liability for a drunk driving accident, under California’s dram shop laws.
If you have questions about who may bear liability in the case of your specific accident, a car accident lawyer can investigate the incident and provide deeper insight into that balance of liability.
Compensation Following a Garden Grove Car Accident
If you suffered injuries in a car accident in Garden Grove, you may have substantial financial losses that make it difficult for you to take care of expenses following the incident. A car accident injury claim aims to provide you with compensation for those financial losses, making it easier for you to rebuild your life following an accident. Common types of compensation following a car accident include:
- Medical Costs: If you suffered injuries in the accident, you have the right to claim compensation for the medical bills you had to pay as a direct result of the accident.
- Lost Income: If you lost out on potential earnings because of your car accident, you have the right to include compensation for direct wages or other income.
- Pain and Suffering: While pain and suffering do not have a direct financial value, compensation for pain and suffering can offer much-needed funds that can help you rebuild following a car accident.
Insurance companies do not always offer fair compensation for the damages you sustained in your car accident. In many cases, insurance companies will act to protect themselves, rather than you. By working with a car accident attoreny, you can more clearly calculate the damages you sustained in the car accident and include them as part of a comprehensive injury claim.
When to Contact a Lawyer After a Garden Grove Car Accident
Under California law, you have up to two years after the date of a car accident to file a claim for compensation. However, you should move forward with your car accident claim as soon as possible, as you may discover that it proves more difficult to collect evidence related to your accident over time. You should contact a lawyer any time you suffer injuries in an accident since a lawyer can help ensure that you get fair compensation for your losses.
Other signs that you should contact a lawyer after your accident include:
- You get a low settlement offer from the insurance company.
- The insurance company denies the claim or denies liability for the accident.
- The insurance company ignores the extent of the damages you sustained in the accident.
- You cannot get the insurance company to call you back in a timely manner or to move forward with your claim.
If you have any questions about your Garden Grove car accident claim, an experienced lawyer can provide you with those answers and make it easier for you to navigate the process.
Contact a Garden Grove Car Accident Lawyer at Setareh Law Today
Dealing with the aftermath of a car accident on your own can prove incredibly difficult. Insurance companies often delay the process or outright refuse to provide the compensation you deserve. As your stress levels mount, you may even find your recovery suffering.
However, at Setareh Law, our Garden Grove car accident lawyers strive to streamline the claim process and help our clients maximize the compensation they can recover. We understand the losses you have faced and aim to provide you with the advice and support you need. Contact us online or call us at (310) 659-1826 to discuss your rights. We also speak Spanish.