Hayward Personal Injury Lawyer
Personal Injury Attorney in Hayward, California
If you or someone you know has been injured as a result of another person’s negligence in Hayward, California, it’s essential to know your rights. Whether your injury was a result of a reckless driver or slip-and-fall accident, you have the right to seek compensation for any accident-related injuries. Everyone has a legal responsibility to uphold a reasonable level of care to prevent causing harm and injuries to others.
At Setareh Law, our team of experienced Hayward personal injury lawyers has dedicated their careers to holding individuals and businesses accountable for their negligent actions. We have successfully recovered over $70 million in settlements for our clients and take pride in our results-driven approach. If you or someone you know has suffered an injury and needs legal advice, we are here to help.
Personal Injury Cases in Hayward, California
At Setareh Law, we have extensive experience representing a wide variety of personal injury cases. While every personal injury case is unique, most tend to fall under one of the following categories:
- Auto accidents. In California, any party injured in a car accident will seek financial compensation from the insurance provider of the at-fault party. California applies the principle of comparative negligence, meaning both parties in an accident can be found to be partly at fault. Therefore, it is essential to have an attorney on your side, as the court will reduce your compensation by your percentage of fault.
- Wrongful death. Wrongful death claims involve situations in which a person is killed because of another person’s negligence or misconduct. Wrongful death cases can arise from a variety of scenarios, including nursing home neglect, medical malpractice, airplane accidents, etc. While in some cases there may be a criminal prosecution for the fatality, wrongful death lawsuits are civil actions, meaning they are separate from the criminal process. Therefore, the standard of proof is lower than it would be in a criminal trial for murder.
- Product liability. Product liability cases arise from damages or injuries caused by defective and dangerous products that have improper warnings or operation manuals. These products can include vehicle parts, medical devices, food, and drugs. These cases tend to be complex, as corporations tend to have extensive resources and it can take time to prove a product is defective.
- Premise liability. Premises liability refers to accidents caused by dangerous conditions on someone’s property. This can include slippery floors in a grocery store as well as someone’s personal swimming pool. This category covers a broad spectrum of accidents that can occur virtually anywhere from a restaurant to a person’s home. In these cases, it is essential to document the conditions that caused the accident as soon as possible.
These are just a few of the broad categories most personal injury cases tend to fall into. The best way to understand your case and the best strategy for recovering damages is to consult a skilled personal injury lawyer.
Understanding the Statute of Limitations in California
As an accident victim, it is essential to understand California’s statute of limitations. In general, it is always best to act as soon as possible, as you have a finite amount of time from when the accident occurs to file a personal injury claim. California’s statute of limitations on the majority of personal injury cases is two years. This means that after an accident, you must file your suit within two years. After two years, you will be ineligible for receiving financial compensation. It is important to note that this is a general rule that applies to most claims, and there are some exceptions that apply.
Damages for Which You May Be Eligible to Receive Compensation
Insurance companies will award compensation to injury victims depending on the factors surrounding their case. Unfortunately, many insurance companies use manipulative tactics and lowball settlements, which is why it’s essential to have an attorney review your case. A skilled personal injury lawyer can look at the specifics of your accident and determine if you have grounds for a lawsuit. If you choose to file a legal claim, some of the damages you may be able to receive compensation for include:
- Accident-related injuries and medical expenses
- Lost earning capacity
- Emotional and physical pain and suffering
- Property damage
- Punitive damages
When you meet with one of our highly skilled attorneys, they will determine the compensation you are eligible for and fight to ensure you receive a fair settlement.
Consult a Hayward Personal Injury Lawyer Today
Whether you have been injured in a car accident or in a grocery store, you have the right to monetary compensation. Navigating liability issues on your own can be a challenge, which is why it’s best to find a lawyer who is experienced in understanding complex liability issues and documents and negotiating with insurance companies.
If you have been injured as a result of another party’s negligence, the personal injury attorneys at Setareh Law are here to help. Our team of skilled lawyers prides itself on providing unmatched legal representation for plaintiffs across California dealing with personal injury and car accident matters. As members of the Beverly Hills Bar Association, we are dedicated to providing exceptional legal counsel. To schedule a free consultation with one of our skilled personal injury lawyers, call today at 310-659-1826 or fill out our online contact form.
Schedule a Consult at Our Fresno Location
Setareh Law, APLC
4005 N Blackstone Ave
Fresno, CA 93726