Huntington Beach Truck Accident Lawyer
Truck Accident Lawyer Huntington Beach, California
Truck accidents can be fatal and drastically impact a person’s life. Accident injuries can cause bodily harm, psychological suffering, and financial difficulty for victims and their families. California is classified as the state with the second-highest number of truck accidents in the country due to its dense population.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a truck accident, the skills of a committed and skilled Huntington Beach truck accident attorney are crucial in pursuing legal justice and just compensation. Our team at Setareh Law will help you protect your rights every step of the way throughout the legal process.
What You Need to Know About Truck Accident Law in California
If you’ve been involved in a truck accident in Huntington Beach, a few laws could affect any claim or lawsuit you plan to file against the other party. These are:
- Statute of limitations: A truck accident claim in California must be made within two years after the collision’s date.
- Pure comparative negligence: California follows pure comparative fault procedures for motor vehicle accident claims, including commercial truck accident claims. This implies that your compensation may be reduced if you are found to be partially responsible for your truck accident.
- Fault-based liability standard: A trucking business is not always liable for accidents. Other parties that may be responsible include a truck driver, a trucking manufacturer, or even a pedestrian.
Our knowledgeable Huntington Beach truck accident attorneys can level the playing field by looking into the collision and accumulating the necessary proof to pursue justice.
What Are Common Truck Accidents in Huntington Beach?
Tractor trailers, delivery trucks, and other commercial vehicles convey products and items on the busy streets of Huntington Beach. Although large vehicles are necessary for business and daily life, their size and weight can pose serious traffic hazards.
Due to these factors, truck accidents often result in severe injuries and fatalities. These accidents can result from carelessness on the part of the truck driver, other motorists, or third parties. Common truck accidents often include:
- Side-impact collisions
- Truck rollovers
- Head-on collisions
- Rear-end collisions
- T-bone accidents
- Jackknife accidents
- Wide-turn accidents
- Multi-vehicle accidents
Common causes of truck accidents may include driver fatigue, distracted driving, truck maintenance issues, and defective roads or traffic signals.
What Should You Do After a Truck Accident in Huntington Beach?
After a truck accident, you may not know what to do next in order to get the compensation you deserve. However, some important steps to take include:
- Seek immediate medical attention: If possible, dial 911 immediately and report the collision if you or anybody else requires emergency medical care. The responding law enforcement officer will document the crash in a police report, including any damage, injuries, and other data that may be crucial to your case.
- Document the scene: Take detailed pictures of vehicle damage, injuries, road conditions, traffic signals, and other elements.
- Collect information: Obtain the drivers’ names, phone numbers, and license numbers. Additionally, get the names, addresses, and phone numbers of passengers and witnesses who may have been at the scene.
Importantly, consulting a knowledgeable and experienced attorney who is familiar with the nuances of truck accidents is crucial in navigating the legal complications involving truck accidents. You can speak with our Huntington Beach truck accident attorneys as soon as possible.
What Is the Role of a Truck Accident Lawyer?
Though it’s possible to go solo, navigating the legal system with a Huntington Beach truck accident lawyer who understands personal injury claims, settlements, and lawsuits is much easier and more effective. Our lawyers will take the time to listen to the client’s accounts and understand the accident’s impact on their life. As such, we’re able to customize our legal strategy to each client’s particular demands and situation.
If your Huntington Beach truck accident claim or litigation is successful, you may receive compensation for non-economic losses such as pain and suffering, emotional distress, or a decreased quality of life. You may also receive compensation for economic losses such as medical bills, lost wages, therapy costs, or rehabilitation expenses.
Make Recovering From a Truck Accident Easier With Setareh Law
Truck accidents can cause enormous damage, making them particularly catastrophic. Therefore, the cost of treatment, repair, and rehabilitation may be higher in truck accidents than in other incidents. Having insurance can significantly impact how you manage those expenses, but pursuing compensation is the sure way to recover as many losses as possible.
A reliable and experienced Huntington Beach truck accident lawyer can make all the difference in securing justice and fair compensation. If you or your loved ones have been involved in a personal injury accident, don’t hesitate to contact Setareh Law. Our legal team is dedicated to aggressively fighting for your rights in recovering the full and just compensation owed to you. Call us today at (310) 659-1826 or complete a contact form to schedule a consultation with our legal team. Our team also speaks Spanish.