Irvine Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Irvine, CA
Flying down the streets of Irvine, whether you’re headed down the Pacific Coast Highway or simply riding around town, offers a great deal of freedom. Unfortunately, that freedom brings with it a high potential cost: the harm you can suffer in a motorcycle accident. Due to the lack of protection offered by motorcycles, motorcycle accident victims often suffer from severe injuries. These injuries can result in high medical bills, the inability to work for a long time after the accident, and significant suffering.
At Setareh Law, we understand the damages that can result from a motorcycle accident and how compensation can make all the difference. When someone else’s negligence leads to a motorcycle accident, you have the right to pursue compensation for those damages. By working closely with an Irvine motorcycle accident lawyer at Setareh Law, you can feel more confident about the outcome of your claim.
What Damages Are Available in a Motorcycle Accident Claim?
Motorcycle accidents often result in substantial damages. Each year, there are around 550 motorcycle accident fatalities in California. Thousands more suffer severe injuries, many of which can prove life-altering. While each motorcycle accident claim is different, by taking a look at the common damages available in a motorcycle accident, you can get a better idea of the compensation you may recover.
- Compensation for medical bills: After a motorcycle accident, you may find yourself dealing with high medical bills and a long road to recovery. You can include all those bills as part of your insurance claim, including the cost of ongoing medical treatments, physical therapy, and future anticipated medical expenses.
- Reparation for lost wages: Income losses after a serious accident can prove catastrophically daunting, especially if you do not have another source of income. Talk to your motorcycle accident lawyer about all the time you had to miss at work following your Irvine motorcycle accident and how you can include it as part of your claim.
- Compensation for your suffering: A comprehensive motorcycle accident claim does not just focus on the tangible financial damages associated with an accident. It will also cover non-financial damages related to your overall suffering.
By carefully reviewing how your injuries impact you and may continue to impact you in the future, your lawyer can determine the value of your claim and fight for full and fair compensation on your behalf.
Determining Liability after a Motorcycle Accident
In order to pursue compensation through an injury claim, you will need to determine who bears liability for your motorcycle accident. Often, that means pursuing compensation from the other driver involved in the accident. A driver may bear liability when any negligent action out on the road leads to a motorcycle accident, including:
- Failing to follow traffic laws
- Failing to share the road safely with a motorcycle, including yielding the right of way when necessary
- Driving while distracted
- Failing to check blind spots for the presence of a motorcycle
- Driving while intoxicated
While you may know that you drove your motorcycle as safely as possible, some insurance companies will show intrinsic bias against motorcycle riders. However, a motorcycle accident lawyer can provide evidence of the other driver’s negligence and determine if any other parties, like the manufacturer of a vehicle that failed, may share liability for the motorcycle accident.
How a Lawyer Can Help After a Motorcycle Accident
After a motorcycle accident, even one involving severe injuries, you may find yourself wondering if you really need an Irvine attorney to help handle your claim. A motorcycle accident lawyer brings numerous advantages to the motorcycle accident claim process. Your attorney can:
- Collect essential evidence: Lawyers can talk to witnesses, access video footage, and revisit the scene of the accident to get a better idea of exactly what happened.
- Bring in expert witnesses: In some cases, you may need an accident reconstruction expert or a medical professional to provide a statement about your accident. Lawyers often know exactly who to call.
- Keep you on track: A lawyer can help make sure that you do not miss essential filing deadlines for your case.
- Determine damages: An attorney can make sure that you have evaluated all damages associated with the accident and that your claim includes all of them.
- Negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf: Not only can a lawyer decrease your stress, but they can make sure that you do not fall prey to common insurance company tactics designed to reduce the compensation you can recover.
- Represent you if your claim goes to court: While most motorcycle accident cases settle out of court, your lawyer can represent you if your case does go to court.
With a motorcycle accident lawyer on your side, you increase your odds of recovering fair damages for your injuries.
Contact an Irvine Motorcycle Accident Lawyer at Setareh Law Firm Today
Navigating a motorcycle accident claim after the traumatic experience of being in an accident can be incredibly challenging. When you try to navigate the claim process alone, you may end up fighting with the insurance company that cares more about their bottom line than about your injuries. Unfortunately, if you handle your claim on your own, it might prevent you from getting the full compensation you deserve.
At Setareh Law, our team of experienced motorcycle accident attorneys can provide the support you need to successfully navigate your claim. We make sure that our clients understand the compensation they really deserve for their losses so they can focus on recovery. Contact us online today or call us at (310) 659-1826 to learn more about your rights. Our team also speaks Spanish.