Lancaster Truck Accident Lawyer
Our Lancaster Truck Accident Attorneys Are Here To Help
With the rise of online shopping and e-commerce, we now see more trucks on the road than we used to. This also increases the risk of truck accidents, which can be dangerous and cause severe injuries. In fact, in 2020,107,000 drivers were involved in truck crashes that resulted in injuries in the U.S. If you have been hurt in a truck accident, you have the right to pursue legal action with high-quality representation. At Setareh Law, we can listen to your story and allow you to focus on recovery while we handle every aspect of your case.
With our years of experience serving truck accident victims in the Lancaster area, we have extensive knowledge of truck accident laws and legal strategies to work to achieve the compensation you deserve. Our talented and compassionate lawyers strive to make the legal process as stress-free as possible. Truck accident cases can be complex, so we are here to help you understand how to prove fault, along with the benefits of contacting a lawyer for your specific case.
Proving Fault in Lancaster Truck Accidents
After a truck accident, you may assume the truck driver is at fault for your injuries. However, this is not always true. When proving fault, we may be able to help you identify the liable party and prove that their negligence directly caused your injuries.
Who May Be Liable?
The first element of fault in truck accidents is determining whose negligence caused the accident. Depending on the circumstances of your case, the following parties could be responsible:
- Truck driver: The truck driver may be at fault for the accident if they drove recklessly, failed to follow traffic laws, or drove under the influence.
- An employer: The truck driver’s employer could be responsible if they did not train their employees properly, overworked their drivers, or failed to maintain their trucks.
- A property owner or government agency: If poor road conditions caused the accident, the owner or government agency responsible for the road could be liable.
- Another driver: Perhaps another driver caused the truck driver to swerve and cause an accident. In this case, the other driver may be at fault.
- The loading crew: The loading crew is responsible for ensuring the truck’s cargo is stowed safely so it doesn’t shift in transit. If they did not load the truck properly, they might be responsible for the accident.
- Manufacturer: If a defective part of the truck caused the accident, the manufacturer might be liable.
Truck accidents often happen so fast you may not see who or what caused the crash. We may be able to help you gather evidence and important information to make these details clearer.
The Burden of Proof in Truck Accidents
In addition to identifying a liable party, we may help you fulfill the burden of proof you have as the plaintiff in your case. The burden of proof requires you to present evidence that proves the following:
- The at-fault party owed you a duty to act carefully and safely
- They neglected this duty and behaved recklessly
- Their negligence directly caused your injuries
- Your injuries resulted in damages
While this may seem daunting, you can take steps after the accident to help prove these points. Taking photos and videos of the scene and your injuries, along with writing down witness information, can significantly benefit your case. We may also gather evidence like police reports, medical records, and camera footage to build a solid case.
What Damages Can You Recover After a Truck Accident in Lancaster?
If you suffered injuries in a truck accident, you may worry about potentially expensive treatment costs. Your injuries may put you out of work for an extended period of time or result in other accommodations you need to make. Depending on the severity of your injuries and other details of your situation, you may recover the following damages for your losses:
- Current and future medical bills
- Property damage
- Hospital bills
- Rehabilitation and physical therapy
- Prescribed medications
- Lost wages from missed work
- Assistive medical devices
- Reduced quality of life
- Emotional distress
- Punitive damages
The amount of damages you collect also depends on your fault percentage. California follows a comparative negligence system, so every party involved receives a percentage of the fault for the accident. Then, their compensation is reduced by that percentage. We may be able to negotiate with insurance companies to ensure you do not get an unfair fault percentage.
Why Should You Contact a Lawyer After a Lancaster Truck Accident?
After a truck accident, you may need help figuring out what to do to ensure you get the justice and compensation you deserve. An experienced lawyer may help you determine the best path forward and guide you through the legal process, so you can take the time you need to recover. Our professional attorneys at Setareh Law may manage every aspect of your case, including:
- Thoroughly investigating the accident
- Interviewing witnesses
- Gathering key evidence and important information
- Utilizing resources like accident reconstruction specialists and traffic analysts
- Answering all your legal questions
- Filing your claim properly
- Taking your case to trial if necessary
- Negotiating with insurance companies on your behalf
- Determining your case’s worth
We also recommend contacting a lawyer after a truck accident because California law only gives victims two years to file their claims. While that may seem like plenty of time, recovery and other delays can prevent you from filing within this timeframe. With a lawyer, your claim can be filed properly and on time.
Consult a Seasoned Lancaster Truck Accident Lawyer at Setareh Law
Dealing with the aftermath of truck accident injuries is not easy. Negotiating with insurance companies and trying to understand the legal process on your own can decrease your chances of a successful outcome. Fortunately, you do not have to go through it alone. With the help of our experienced lawyers at Setareh Law, you can prioritize your recovery while we handle every aspect of your case.
Our passionate team has fought tirelessly for Lancaster truck accident victims for years with our innovative legal services. We understand the complications of these cases and can take on any challenge, regardless of circumstances. Our English and Spanish-speaking attorneys provide the unmatched legal counsel you can trust to represent you effectively. To schedule a free consultation, call us at (310) 659-1826 or fill out our online contact form.