Modesto Truck Accident Attorney
Our Modesto Truck Accident Lawyers Are Here To Help
Big rigs like 18-wheelers provide critical infrastructure for California’s economy. These commercial trucks transport consumer goods in and out of California, providing residents and business owners with essential goods. While the trucking industry is imperative to the functionality of California’s economy, it’s no secret that 18-wheelers and other big rigs pose significant dangers on the road. The average commercial truck weighs 10 times more than the standard passenger vehicle and, by design, is more prone to accidents.
Unfortunately, the overwhelming majority of accidents that involve commercial vehicles result in devastating damages and injuries. If you or a loved one has been injured in a truck accident in Modesto, it is important that you seek legal counsel from an experienced Modesto truck accident lawyer from Setareh Law.
Potential Damages and Injuries from Truck Accidents in Modesto
The drivers or passengers of small vehicles rarely walk away from truck accidents unscathed. In fact, the majority of commercial accidents that involve passenger vehicles result in devastating and sometimes life-changing injuries. In some cases, victims walk away with medical conditions that permanently affect their quality of life and ability to live normally. Some of the most common injuries that are sustained from a truck accident include:
- Loss of limb
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Bone fractures
- Spinal cord damage
- Partial paralysis
- Internal organ damage
In addition to physical injuries, the victims of trucking accidents also experience emotional and psychological trauma and incur expensive property damage bills. If you have suffered injuries or accrued other expenses or damages from a truck accident, you deserve proper compensation.
Compensation for Truck Accident Victims
Truck accident victims may be able to receive compensation for any accident-related medical bills, loss of wages, or other damages. While there is no amount of money that can take back the devastating effects of a truck accident, a large settlement can help offset some of the damages. If you were the victim of a truck accident, some of the damages you may receive compensation for include:
- Medical expenses, both for immediate and future accident-related medical bills
- Lost wages and earning capacity, both past and future
- Property damage, such as any damage to your car
- Emotional stress and psychological trauma
A skilled personal injury lawyer can thoroughly assess the factors surrounding your accident and ensure you receive compensation for all of your injuries and damages.
How Can Truckers Be At Fault in an Accident?
Truck accidents can occur for a variety of reasons. Whether the truck driver didn’t see you in their blind spot or they fell asleep at the wheel, there are a number of ways that they can be at fault in an accident. When you work with a truck accident lawyer, they will investigate the specific circumstances of your accident and identify the parties at fault in your case.
To successfully establish fault in your accident, your lawyer will try to claim that the at-fault party had a legal duty of care that they failed to uphold, which directly caused your accident and the associated injuries and damages. While each trucking accident is unique, some of the most common ways truck drivers are at fault include:
- Often, truck drivers are required to drive for long hours or through the night. However, there are regulations that limit the number of consecutive hours a trucker can log in a day. If the driver in your accident failed to uphold these restrictions, they may be at fault.
- Vehicle failures. Truck drivers aren’t the only party that carries responsibility in accidents. Trucking companies are required to perform regular maintenance check-ups and safety checks on their fleets. If a trucking company failed to perform mandated safety checks or maintenance protocols, they may be at fault.
- Unsafe driving. Trucks require longer stopping distances and must make slower turns than passenger vehicles. Additionally, they must adjust their driving to match road and weather conditions. If a truck driver was operating their commercial vehicle in an unsafe manner, they may be at fault.
These are a few ways a truck driver or company could have been at fault in your accident. A skilled truck accident lawyer will examine all possibilities.
Contact an Experienced Modesto Truck Accident Lawyer Today
If you have been injured or incurred expensive bills or damages from a truck accident in Modesto, the personal injury lawyers at Setareh Law are here to help. Our team of skilled attorneys takes pride in providing unmatched legal representation for plaintiffs across California dealing with personal injury and car accident matters. As members of the Beverly Hills Bar Association, we are dedicated to providing exceptional legal counsel. To schedule a free consultation with one of our skilled personal injury lawyers, call today at 310-659-1826 or fill out our online contact form.
Schedule a Consult at Our Modesto Location
Setareh Law, APLC
931 10th Street, #454
Modesto, CA 95354