Pomona Bicycle Accident Lawyer
Bicycle Injury Attorney in Pomona, CA
With the Pacific Electric Inland Empire Trail, La Sierra Trail Loop, and other popular bike paths, Pomona offers a large range of opportunities for bicyclists looking to ride their bikes for commuting or as a sport. Sadly, too many drivers are still unaccustomed to sharing the roads with bike riders. This can lead to severe accidents that can leave you with potentially lifelong issues to deal with.
If you’ve sustained injuries in a bicycle accident in Pomona, an experienced lawyer from Setareh Law can help you get the compensation you may deserve so you can get back on your bike as soon as possible.
Common Causes Of Bicycle Accidents
When cars and cyclists collide, negligence or recklessness on the driver’s part is frequently to blame. Drivers can also cause cyclists to crash while engaging in irresponsible or evasive maneuvers without a collision. Common forms of wrongdoing and negligence on the part of drivers that lead to bicycle accidents include:
- Distracted drivers
- Drivers violating cyclists’ right of way
- Unsafe passing of a cyclist
- Drivers who refuse to share the road
- Drivers who don’t understand the rules of the road for bicycles
- Intoxicated drivers
- Drivers who open their doors into a bicyclist’s path
- Drivers who don’t signal when pulling out or turning from the curb
- Defective bikes or parts
- Collisions with pedestrians
- Poorly designed or improperly marked bike lanes and paths
- Other roadway defects like malfunctioning traffic signals, potholes, or faulty streetlights
If you were harmed because of any of these reasons, contacting a bike accident lawyer from Setareh Law can help you get justice.
Benefits of Legal Representation for Your Bike Accident Claim in Pomona
While you can try and pursue compensation for your injuries without a lawyer, it’s not recommended. The bicycle accident lawyers at Setareh Law have extensive experience with handling tough Pomona area personal injury claims for our clients. We realize how damaging and overwhelming bicycle accidents can be and the uncertainty and stress you will likely end up facing.
In each client case we accept, we ensure our clients know all their legal rights and options. We will also assist you in exploring your insurance claim options and guide you through the personal injury claim filing process.
Other Parties That May Be Held Liable in a Bicycle Accident
In most bicycle accidents, the party that will be held accountable for any damages is the negligent driver that collided with the bicyclist. If you were the victim in a bike accident, you should understand that there are a number of different parties that could be held liable for your injuries. You can file a Pomona bicycle accident claim against any of the following parties:
- A helmet manufacturer that produced a helmet that didn’t keep you protected from a head injury
- The local or state government agency that failed to keep the road maintained
- The local or state government agency that constructed and designed the faulty road
- Any owner of commercial property that failed to maintain a safe driveway, parking lot, or sidewalk
- The highway construction company that failed to keep a site maintained or has otherwise produced negligent construction
In a hit-and-run accident case, you may also be able to seek compensation. You’ll want to consult with one of our reputable lawyers who will do their very best to maximize your compensation by identifying all potentially liable parties. This can make a significant difference in your ability to seek maximum compensation.
What to Do After You’ve Been Injured in a Bicycle Accident in Pomona
After a bicycle accident in Pomona, you should:
- Contact law enforcement and file a police report
- Get medical attention, as your injuries may become worse within the next several hours or days
- Gather contact information from the driver and any witnesses
- Document the accident scene and if possible, take pictures
- Keep all evidence, and don’t get your bicycle repaired or replace your helmet until your lawyer or insurance company has taken a look at it
- Make a plan by speaking with a lawyer before communicating with the insurance companies
Following a bicycle accident, your priority should be on healing and getting better rather than attempting to fight with insurance adjusters. As you’re recovering, our experienced bicycle lawyers at Setareh Law can handle the investigation for you and build you a strong case. We’ll also take care of all paperwork and deal with the insurance companies. It’s our priority to give you the absolute best legal representation possible so you can move forward with your life.
Contact Setareh Law Today to Speak with One of Our Experienced Pomona Bicycle Accident Lawyers
If you’ve suffered a bicycle accident recently, being able to receive fair compensation for your damages and injuries can make a huge difference in your recovery. Let one of our knowledgeable and Spanish-speaking attorneys help you with your case. With legal representation, you’ll likely be able to maximize the compensation for your damages.
Our qualified bicycle accident lawyers at Setareh Law have an in-depth understanding of all bicycle regulations and rules, which includes applicable city ordinances of Pomona and surrounding areas. We understand that bike accident cases can sometimes involve multiple at-fault parties. We’ve been fighting for over 14 years for our clients and we have experience handling even the most difficult bicycle accidents. Call our law firm today at (310) 659-1826 or fill out our online form to schedule your free initial consultation.