San Mateo Personal Injury Lawyer
Personal Injury Attorney in San Mateo, CA
Accidents tend to happen when they are least expected. While many people assume that personal injury accidents only relate to motor vehicle crashes, a personal injury accident occurs whenever another person’s negligent acts result in another’s injuries or suffering. When another person or entity’s negligence harms your health, livelihood, and financial well-being, you can hold them accountable and recover fair compensation by pursuing a personal injury claim.
Setareh Law is a team of San Mateo personal injury lawyers with extensive experience helping clients build strong claims. Our skilled legal team has over 13 years of experience helping clients navigate the California legal system. We strive to provide clients with the trusted and prompt legal service they deserve. We understand that this can be a difficult time for victims, which is why we are proud to provide the dedicated representation needed to pursue the justice they deserve.
Common Personal Injury Accidents in San Mateo, CA?
Personal injury accidents occur whenever a person or entity acts negligently, resulting in another person becoming injured. These accidents may happen anywhere at any time and can leave victims with life-altering injuries. Some of the most common California personal injury accidents include:
Motor Vehicle Accidents
Whether a car, truck or motorcycle accident, motor vehicle accidents are hazardous to victims involved. Some of the common causes of motor vehicle accidents include:
- Reckless driving
- Distracted driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Driving while drowsy
- Inexperienced driving
- Road rage
Slip and Fall Accidents
While a slip and fall may not seem like a dangerous accident, they can suffer from highly damaging injuries when a person takes a hard slip or falls. These accidents may occur as a result of a slippery floor in an office or a cracked sidewalk.
Whether you work in an office building or at a construction site, accidents may happen anywhere as a result of negligence at the workplace.
What Are the Steps in a Personal Injury Case in San Mateo?
Here are the general steps involved in a personal injury case in California:
- Seek Medical Attention: The first step in any personal injury case is to seek medical attention for your injuries.
- Hire an Attorney: If you decide to pursue legal action, the next step is to hire a San Mateo personal injury attorney who is experienced in California law. They can help you understand your rights and guide you through the legal process.
- Investigation: Your attorney will investigate the circumstances surrounding your injury, gather evidence, and identify the parties responsible for your injuries.
- Filing a Lawsuit: If your attorney determines that you have a strong case, they will file a lawsuit on your behalf.
- Collection: If you are awarded damages, the responsible party will be required to pay. However, sometimes collection can be difficult, and your attorney can help you take steps to enforce the judgment.
It’s important to note that every personal injury case is unique, and the timeline and outcome will depend on the specific circumstances of the case.
What Type of Compensation Are You Entitled To?
When a person is injured in an accident caused by negligence, they may be eligible to collect financial compensation in the form of damages. The damages victims may be eligible to collect:
- Medical Expenses: Accident victims often have a long road to recovery, resulting in costly medical bills. They should be compensated for any costs associated with their recovery processes, such as doctor visits or costly treatments.
- Lost Wages: After an accident, a victim’s injuries may prevent them from working for extended periods. They should be compensated for all pay they have lost or will lose as a result of their recovery process.
- Property Damage: If a person’s property, like a car or bicycle, is damaged during a personal injury accident, the victim should be compensated for the cost to repair or replace the property.
- Pain and Suffering: Victims should be compensated for any pain and suffering they have had to endure due to their injuries and losses.
If you are unsure what damages you may be eligible to collect, our knowledgeable personal injury lawyers may be able to help by going over the details of your claim.
How Long Does It Take To Settle a Personal Injury Case?
The length of time it takes to settle a personal injury case in California varies based on several factors, including the complexity of the case, the severity of the injuries, and the willingness of the parties to negotiate. Here are some general timelines for personal injury cases in California:
- Pre-Litigation Settlement: In some cases, the parties may be able to reach a settlement before filing a lawsuit. This can take a few weeks to a few months, depending on the extent of the negotiations.
- Litigation Settlement: If the case goes to litigation, the timeline can be longer. The discovery phase, mediation, and trial can take anywhere from six months to several years.
- Appeals: If either party appeals the verdict, the timeline can be extended by another year or more.
Overall, it’s important to understand that personal injury cases can take time to settle. Your San Mateo personal injury attorney can provide you with a more accurate timeline based on the specifics of your case. They can also work to expedite the process as much as possible while still ensuring that you receive fair compensation for your injuries.
What Can Our San Mateo Personal Injury Lawyers Do For You?
Our San Mateo personal injury lawyers at Setareh Law can provide you with legal representation and guidance if you have been injured in an accident. Here are some of the ways our lawyers can help you:
- Evaluate Your Case: Our lawyers can evaluate the circumstances surrounding your injury and determine if you have a viable personal injury case.
- Investigate Your Claim: Our lawyers can conduct a thorough investigation of your accident to gather evidence, interview witnesses, and build a strong case on your behalf.
- Negotiate with Insurance Companies: Our lawyers can negotiate with the insurance companies to ensure that you receive fair compensation for your injuries, lost wages, and medical expenses.
- Represent You in Court: If your case goes to court, our lawyers can represent you and argue your case before a judge or jury. We will work hard to make sure your rights are protected and that you receive the compensation you deserve.
- Provide Support and Guidance: Our lawyers can provide you with support and guidance throughout the entire process. We understand that this can be a difficult and stressful time, and we will be there to answer your questions and provide you with the guidance you need.
At the end of the day, Setareh Law is here to help. We will fight for your rights and work hard to ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve.
How Our Award-Winning San Mateo Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help You
Whether you are in a car accident or slipped on a wet floor at the mall, if a person’s negligence is to blame, you deserve to be compensated for any losses you may have suffered as a result. To get help with your personal injury claim, contact a San Mateo, California personal injury lawyer.
Setareh Law is a team of California personal injury lawyers with over 13 years of experience helping clients build strong personal injury claims as they pursue the justice they deserve. We are proud to provide our clients with the award-winning and dedicated representation needed to get the best possible financial compensation for their losses. Our team speaks both English and Spanish. To schedule a free consultation, fill out our online contact form or call (310) 659-1826.