South San Francisco Personal Injury Attorneys
Personal Injury Lawyers in South San Francisco
Accidents are unpredictable, unexpected, inconvenient, and in the worst circumstances, life-altering. Sometimes, accidents leave victims with severe injuries that result in costly medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. When another person’s negligence causes your accident and you’ve been injured, you may be entitled to financial compensation for any losses you have sustained due to the accident. To help you pursue the fair compensation owed to you after a personal injury accident, contact a South San Francisco personal injury lawyer. They understand the law and will help ensure your case is strong to help you receive the maximum compensation possible.
At Setareh Law, our skilled personal injury attorneys are committed to helping South San Francisco residents through the complexities of filing a personal injury claim. We understand the California legal system can be overwhelming, which is why we are here to help ensure you have the best representation. You deserve to be compensated if you suffered due to another person’s negligence. We are here to help you move forward and build a strong case to receive the justice you deserve.
The Most Common Personal Injuries
Personal injury accidents can range from minor fender bender car accidents to catastrophic events. These accidents can leave victims with a wide variety of injuries. Generally, people know that physical injuries are considered personal injuries. However, a person can also file a personal injury claim for mental injuries. Below is a list of common physical and mental personal injuries.
Physical Personal Injuries
Physical injuries suffered by victims can range drastically in severity.
- Head injuries or traumatic brain injuries
- Back, neck, spine injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- Cuts and lacerations
- Loss of limbs
- Crushed limbs
- Broken or fractured bones
- Internal bleeding
A personal injury lawyer can help you pursue financial compensation for any injuries you sustained because of someone’s negligence.
Mental Personal Injuries
Emotional distress is one of the main categories for non-economic damages. Emotional distress refers to the victim’s emotional response to the accident and injuries. Several emotional, mental, and psychological damages can fall under this category.
- Diminished quality of life
- Anxiety or depression
- Loss of sleep
- Anger or frustration
- Developed phobias connected to the accident
Non-physical results of the accident or injury can potentially fall under the umbrella of pain and suffering damages.
The Most Common Types of Personal Injury Accidents
A personal injury accident occurs when the victim is injured due to actions or inactions of another person or entity. The most common types of personal injury accidents are listed below.
- Motor Vehicle Accident: Motor vehicle accidents may involve a car, truck, or motorcycle. They are often caused by distracted drivers, fatigued drivers, and reckless drivers.
- Workplace Accident: These types of accidents aren’t limited to high-risk jobs such as construction. The negligent actions of an employer or company can lead to severe accidents.
- Medical Malpractice: Whether on accident or purposeful, a medical professional’s negligence is potentially life-threatening.
- Slip-and-Fall Accidents: Failing to block off a dangerous area or forgetting to put up a sign can cause a slip-and-fall accident that results in life-altering injuries for the victim.
If you have been involved in any of these accidents, a South San Francisco personal injury can help you receive the fair compensation owed to you for any potential losses you have suffered.
Potential Damages You Can Collect from a Personal Injury Claim
A person who’s been injured by someone else’s actions or inactions and can prove negligence has a right to collect financial compensation in the form of damages. Potential damages they can collect include:
- Medical Expenses: Whether a victim has a long road to recovery or not, medical bills are costly. Victims deserve compensation to cover any cost associated with their recovery and treatments.
- Lost Wages: After an accident, the victim may be unable or have limited capacity to work. Not working or limiting their work hours means they lose the wages they could have earned. Victims should be compensated for the pay they will lose due to their injury.
- Property Damage: Property damaged because of an accident should be covered by the at-fault party. They will compensate the victim for any repairs or replacements.
- Pain and Suffering: Victims often endure a great deal of physical, mental, and emotional pain after an accident. They deserve to collect damages for their pain.
If you are unsure of what damages you are entitled to collect, work with an experienced attorney that can help you go over the details of your claim.
Our South San Francisco Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help Build You a Strong Personal Injury Claim
Personal injury accidents can happen when we least expect them, leaving victims and their loved ones completely overwhelmed and unsure of what to do next. At Setareh Law, we understand how overwhelming a personal injury accident can be, especially if you sustain life-altering injuries.
Our attorneys understand that this is a challenging time and are dedicated to helping our clients navigate the legal process of filing and building a strong claim. With over thirteen years of experience helping our clients pursue the compensation they deserve, we would be proud to help represent you and your claim. For a free consultation, call (310) 659-1826 or fill out our online contact form. Consultations are also available in Spanish.