Stockton Slip & Fall Injury Lawyer
Our Experienced Stockton Slip & Fall Attorneys are Ready to Help
Slip-and-fall accidents are unfortunately a very common type of personal injury in Stockton and the rest of the country. A slip and fall can occur due to issues with grease, water, ice, or food on a walking surface, but it may also occur when walking surfaces are poorly maintained, such as crumbling steps or broken floorboards.
You can sustain a slip-and-fall injury when you slip on or trip over something that causes you to fall and become injured. If you do this on another person’s property, you could potentially file for compensation, especially if it was the owner’s negligence that led to your injury. Therefore, it’s essential that you consult with a skilled Stockton slip-and-fall lawyer to get the compensation you deserve after your accident.
Who’s Liable For Your Slip-and-Fall Accident?
The responsible party of your slip-and-fall accident will depend on various factors, including:
- The location you had your accident
- The type of hazard that caused your accident
- The nature of your accident
- Who leased, owned, or controlled the property
In a slip-and-fall case, the victim can file a personal injury lawsuit against any defendants they allege to have caused their injury due to negligence. This type of lawsuit is based on premises liability, where the landowner holds the liability for any injuries suffered by tenants, guests, pedestrians, or other individuals on their property.
What’s Required to Prove Liability In a Slip-and-Fall Accident Claim?
In a slip-and-fall claim, the victim is required to provide proof that the defendant was negligent and this caused the accident. Individuals may be found negligent in causing slip-and-fall accidents if:
- A hazardous condition on their property posed a foreseeable injury risk
- The defendant should have known or did know about this hazardous condition
- The defendant didn’t warn about, replace, repair, or protect against this condition
Having an experienced Stockton slip-and-fall lawyer review your potential case is the best way to assess all your legal options and determine who the liable party is.
How Is the Manager or Property Owner Responsible?
In California, every manager or property owner must adhere to premises liability laws. Any individual who controls, owns, leases, or occupies a premise and is found negligent in their duties becomes liable for a person’s injuries if that person sustained the injuries on the premise.
You may be able to file a claim for compensation from a property owner if:
- They failed to use reasonable care to keep their property safe
- They failed to use reasonable care to replace, repair, or provide sufficient warning to guests, visitors, tenants, or others for known unsafe hazards on their property
Property owners aren’t the only people responsible for maintaining a reasonably safe property. However, they are the ones who would be liable for any injuries sustained on their property even if another person was at fault for the unsafe conditions or hazard.
Due to the fact that multiple parties may share fault in a slip-and-fall accident, these cases can become complicated. It’s important that you seek legal representation from an experienced slip-and-fall attorney in Stockton. They’ll evaluate the scene, review all available evidence, and speak to any witnesses to determine the at-fault individual who caused your injuries.
What Steps Should You Take After a Slip-and-Fall Injury in Stockton?
After a slip and fall, it’s imperative that you take action immediately. Your work starts at the scene of the accident. Some steps to take include:
- You’ll need to report the accident to a manager. You should put everything that occurred in writing so you have documentation on file of what occurred.
- Take photos of evidence that shows what caused your injuries, like a wet floor, a damaged handrail, or a broken step. If you had personal property, such as a cell phone, that was damaged or if your clothing was torn during your fall, hold onto them.
- Seek medical care immediately after leaving the accident scene. A doctor will assess your injury and may provide treatment if needed.
- It’s highly recommended you hire a reputable slip-and-fall attorney, like those at Setareh Law in Stockton, to handle all the steps of your case so that you can focus on your recovery instead.
It’s crucial that you don’t hesitate on any of these steps, as they are all important to the outcome of your slip-and-fall case.
Damages You May Be Eligible For
Depending on the type of injuries you have and the circumstances of your accident, you may be eligible for compensation that helps recover the following damages:
- Loss of earnings
- Pain and suffering
- Medical bills
- Property damage
- Physical impairment
- Property damage
- Loss of a relationship by a spouse
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Your Stockton slip-and-fall attorney will work to prove your injuries occurred because of the property owner’s or their staff’s negligence. This will give you grounds for a personal injury case.
Contact Setareh Law Today to Speak With an Experienced Stockton Slip-and-Fall Lawyer
Our Stockton slip-and-fall lawyers at Setareh Law have the commitment, experience, skills, and resources to assist you in pursuing compensation from negligent parties. No matter how severe your injuries may be, if another person’s negligence caused you pain and suffering, you could be eligible to seek compensation. Our lawyers also speak Spanish.
If you suffered injuries in a slip-and-fall accident, our reliable injury lawyers here at Setareh Law can help determine what the value of your claim is and bring the proper action for recovery. Call our law firm today at (310) 659-1826 or fill out our online form to schedule a free consultation.