Anaheim Personal Injury Lawyer
Personal Injury Attorney in Anaheim, CA
Accidents are unforeseeable, inconvenient, and frustrating to navigate. This is especially true if the accident caused a severe injury. Many accident injuries can cause life-long complications and intense physical and emotional pain. The costs of medicine, physical therapy, and extended hospital stays can be financially draining as well. Unfortunately, many victims find themselves financing their own recovery, even if another party is responsible for their injuries.
At Setareh Law, we believe that negligent parties must be held responsible for their actions. If you or someone you care for has fallen victim to an accident in Anaheim, California, you could be entitled to financial compensation for the losses you have suffered. Our attorneys know how stressful the aftermath of an accident can be and are committed to using our years of expertise to make the claims process as stress-free as possible.
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle in Anaheim, California
Our attorneys have over 13 years of experience handling a wide range of personal injury cases in Anaheim and across California. While every personal injury accident is different, they typically fall under one of the following categories:
- Motor vehicle accidents: California is an at-fault state, and you can file a personal injury claim if you were a victim of a truck, motorcycle, or car accident caused by someone else’s negligence
- Wrongful death: Wrongful death can be caused by many things, such as nursing home abuse or medical malpractice. If someone you love died due to another party’s negligence, you can pursue a wrongful death claim.
- Slip-and-fall or premise liability: These accidents can be caused by slippery floors, broken handrails, or uneven sidewalks on someone else’s property. If you fell and were injured in a business, you could have grounds for a slip-and-fall claim.
- Product liability: If you were injured by a product such as a malfunctioning car or electronic device, you may have grounds to file a product liability claim against the manufacturer.
- Work-related accidents: While everyone should feel safe at their place of work, many workplaces engage in unsafe practices that could cause injuries. If you were injured while on the job, you could file a personal injury claim against your employer.
It is important to note that not every accident will fall into the above categories. If you are not sure what kind of case would fit your unique situation, our personal injury attorneys can help. At Setareh Law, we take the time to get to know every client to provide them with the highest quality of legal services that fit their specific needs.
Does Your Accident Fall Under California Personal Injury Law?
A personal injury claim can be filed if someone was injured due to the negligence or intentional act of another person or entity. In California, a fall accident can qualify as a personal injury case if it meets certain criteria:
1. Duty of Care
The first criterion that must be met for a fall accident to qualify under California personal injury law is that the defendant owed a duty of care to the plaintiff. This means that the defendant had a legal obligation to act in a reasonable and safe manner to prevent harm to others. For example, a property owner owes a duty of care to visitors to keep their property safe and free of hazards.
2. Breach of Duty
Once it’s established that a duty of care existed, it must be proven that the defendant breached their duty of care by failing to act in a reasonable and safe manner. For example, if a property owner knew about a hazard on their property but failed to fix it, they may be found to have breached their duty of care.
The breach of duty must have caused the plaintiff’s injuries. This means that the plaintiff must prove that the defendant’s actions or inaction directly caused their injuries. For example, if a plaintiff fell down a flight of stairs because the handrail was broken, they must prove that the broken handrail caused their fall.
The final element of a personal injury case is proving that the plaintiff suffered damages as a result of their injuries. Damages may include medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other losses that resulted from the fall accident. If the plaintiff can prove all of these elements, they may be entitled to compensation for their damages.
It is important to note that California follows a comparative negligence system, which means that a plaintiff’s damages may be reduced if they were partially at fault for the fall accident as well.
What Is an Injury Case Worth in Anaheim?
When evaluating the worth of a personal injury case, there are several key elements that must be considered. These elements can help determine the compensation that a victim may be entitled to for their injuries and losses. Here are some of the most important factors that are typically considered in determining the worth of a personal injury case:
- The severity of injuries: This includes the type of injury, the extent of the injuries, and the potential for long-term or permanent disability.
- Medical expenses: The cost of medical treatment, including hospital stays, surgeries, and ongoing care, can be a significant factor in determining the value of a personal injury case.
- Lost wages and earning capacity: Victims may be entitled to compensation for lost wages or income due to missed work as a result of their injuries.
- Pain and suffering: Compensation for pain and suffering is typically based on the severity of the injuries and the impact they have had on the victim’s life, including emotional distress, physical pain, and mental anguish.
- Property damage: The cost of repairing or replacing the property, such as a damaged car, may also be considered in determining the value of the case.
- Comparative negligence: If the victim is found to be partially at fault for the injury, this can affect the compensation they are entitled to. In some states, the amount of compensation may be reduced based on the degree of fault assigned to the victim.
- Insurance coverage: The amount of insurance coverage available can also impact the value of a personal injury case. If the defendant has limited insurance or no insurance, it may be more difficult to recover full compensation for the victim’s losses.
It is important to work with an experienced personal injury attorney who can evaluate your case and help you pursue the maximum compensation for your losses.
Common Personal Injuries Following an Anaheim Accident
Accidents can result in numerous injuries, both minor and severe. Some common personal injuries in Anaheim include:
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBIs)
- Neck and back injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- Cuts and lacerations
- Amputations or other limb loss
- Burn injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Internal bleeding
- Organ damage
- Broken bones
- Emotional trauma
- Anxiety and depression
After suffering an accident, it is essential to seek medical attention as soon as possible. Avoid self-diagnosing your injuries. Only a trained medical professional can diagnose the injury and advise you on the best next steps for your recovery.
What Can Our Anaheim Personal Injury Lawyers Do for You?
The skilled personal injury lawyers at Setareh Law are here to handle your case from start to finish expertly. Our attorneys will be your staunch advocate during negotiations and always keep your best interests in mind. We can help connect you with medical professionals, organize your documents and expenses, and fill out and file all paperwork related to your claim. We are also dedicated to ensuring our clients receive the compensation they need to cover their losses. Some damages we may be able to help you collect in Anaheim include:
- Current and future medical expenses
- Lost wages and earning potential
- Property damage
- Emotional distress
- Pain and suffering
These are only a few examples of the damages you may be entitled to for your injuries. Your attorney will review every detail of your case to determine which damages you may be eligible to pursue.
Consult an Expert Anaheim Personal Injury Lawyer Today
At Setareh Law, we believe that accident victims deserve to have their right to compensation protected by a dedicated and assertive legal advocate. Our attorneys know the ins and outs of California law and use their expertise to help clients in Anaheim just like you achieve the best possible outcome for their cases. If you were injured by another party’s negligence, you do not need to fight alone. Call us today at (310) 659-1826 or complete our contact form to schedule a free consultation to discuss your case. We also speak Spanish.