Huntington Beach Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Huntington Beach, California
Every year, thousands of motorcycle riders across California suffer serious injuries in crashes. Those accidents not only lead to high medical bills, but can also lead to lost income and significant pain and suffering. When you suffer injuries due to the negligence of another party, you may have the right to compensation for those damages.
At Setareh Law, we help our clients learn more about their rights, from seeking to understand who caused the motorcycle accident to providing deeper insight into the full compensation they deserve.
Common Causes of Huntington Beach Motorcycle Accidents
Orange County is filled with gorgeous places to ride. A motorcycle accident, however, can derail your pleasure and lead to substantial long-term losses. Around 12,800 victims across California suffer injuries in motorcycle accidents each year. Some of the most common causes of these accidents include:
- Distracted driving: Many drivers will engage in distracting activities behind the wheel, from checking their phones to eating and drinking. This can prevent them from seeing the presence of motorcycle riders.
- Lane splitting: While lane splitting is legal in California, drivers may not look before they move through traffic, especially if they previously had plenty of room to complete their maneuvers. A driver who deliberately tries to prevent a motorcycle rider from splitting lanes may bear liability for the incident.
- Speeding: At high rates of speed, drivers need to respond much faster in order to prevent an accident. Unfortunately, speeding drivers may have a hard time avoiding motorcycles on the road.
- Blind spot collisions: Motorcycles often fit in the blind spots of larger passenger vehicles, which means that drivers cannot see them as they maneuver on the road. As a result, drivers may end up causing serious accidents.
- Mechanical issues: A mechanical problem with either the motorcycle or another driver’s vehicle can significantly increase the risk of a collision with any type of vehicle.
- Ignoring the rules of the road: When drivers fail to follow the rules of the road, especially if they do not allow adequate room for motorcycles or treat them as though they do not have the right to share the road, it can quickly lead to a collision.
When a driver’s negligent actions lead to a motorcycle accident in Huntington Beach, the motorcycle rider may have the right to pursue compensation from that driver. Most often, that means pursuing a claim through the other driver’s insurance company.
Recovering Compensation After a Huntington Beach Motorcycle Accident
When you suffer injuries in a motorcycle accident in Huntington Beach, you have the right to pursue compensation for all the damages that occurred because of the accident. That may include compensation for:
- Your medical bills: Motorcycle accidents often result in severe injuries to the motorcycle rider, since motorcycles provide no protection against a collision with a vehicle or with a stationary object near the road.
- Your lost income: If you cannot work after your injuries, you may have the right to include compensation for those financial losses as part of your claim.
- Your pain and suffering: As part of your claim, you have the right to include non-financial damages, including the physical pain and emotional anguish you suffered because of the motorcycle accident.
A Huntington Beach motorcycle accident lawyer can help you evaluate the damages you sustained because of your motorcycle accident and present them to the insurance company as part of a comprehensive claim. By working with a motorcycle accident attorney, you can feel confident that you have identified all the damages you have the right to include in your claim.
How a Huntington Beach Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Can Help
After a motorcycle accident in Huntington Beach, you need a motorcycle accident lawyer on your side. A lawyer brings a number of benefits to the claim process, such as the ability to:
Investigate the Accident
An attorney will start with a thorough investigation of the cause of your accident, including contacting witnesses for statements, reviewing any available video footage of the accident, and checking out the damage to both vehicles to get a better idea of all factors that likely contributed to the accident. You can also use the information from that investigation to establish liability to the insurance company.
Negotiate With the Insurance Company
Dealing with the insurance company after a motorcycle accident can feel incredibly stressful. The insurance company may ignore the extent of your injuries or even pressure you to accept liability for the accident. Some insurance companies even have a bias against motorcycle riders that can make it difficult for you to get the compensation you deserve. An Huntngton Beach attorney can negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf, increasing the odds that you will recover fair compensation for your damages.
Represent You in Court
If you have to go to court to handle your Huntington Beach motorcycle accident claim, a motorcycle accident attorney can present your case to the court, making it clear that you deserve fair compensation for the other driver’s negligence.
Contact Setareh Law For Help and Support Today
If you suffered injuries in a Huntington Beach motorcycle accident, Setareh Law is here to help. Our team of Huntington Beach motorcycle accident attorney can help you take on the insurance company to get the compensation you deserve.