Fresno Truck Accident Lawyer
Truck Accident Attorneys in Fresno, California
Commercial trucks provide critical infrastructure for California’s economy. Big rigs like 18-wheelers carry consumer goods in and out of California, providing individuals and businesses with the goods they need. However, while trucks are an integral part of California’s economy, there’s no doubt that they pose unique dangers on the road. Most commercial trucks weigh 10 times that of the standard passenger vehicle. Additionally, by design, trucks have features that make them prone to accidents, such as blind spots and less dynamic brakes.
As a result, most accidents that involve commercial vehicles can have severe damages and injuries. According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, in 2016 alone, there were approximately 475,000 traffic accidents involving commercial trucks. If you or a loved one has been injured in a truck accident in Fresno, it is important that you seek legal counsel from an experienced Fresno truck accident lawyer.
Potential Damages and Injuries from Commercial Truck Accidents in Fresno
It is rare for the driver of a passenger vehicle involved in an accident with a large commercial truck to walk away without any injuries. The large majority of commercial truck accidents that involve a smaller passenger vehicle result in devastating injuries and damages. Unfortunately, most of these are life-changing injuries that permanently affect the victim’s quality of life. Some of the most common injuries that are sustained from a truck accident include:
- Loss of limb
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Bone fractures
- Spinal cord damage
- Partial paralysis
- Internal organ damage
In addition to physical injuries, most truck accident victims also suffer from emotional stress or psychological trauma. If you have suffered injuries from a truck accident, you deserve proper compensation.
Compensation Truck Accident Victims Are Eligible For
Truck accident victims who have been seriously injured deserve proper compensation for their losses. While there is no amount of money that can truly repay victims for their losses, a large settlement can definitely help. Some of the damages you may be able to receive compensation for include:
- Medical expenses, both for any immediate and future accident-related medical bills
- Lost wages and earning capacity
- Property damage, such as any damage to your car
- Emotional pain and suffering
When you work with a skilled personal injury lawyer, they will thoroughly assess your case and ensure you receive compensation for all your injuries and damages.
Seek Medical Care After a Truck Accident Injury
Whether you were involved in a commercial or semi-truck accident in Fresno, you must seek medical attention especially if you are suffering from serious injuries. Once you seek the proper medical treatment from your doctor, you must follow the instructions they provide to you. It is very crucial for you to follow these instructions because if you decide not to follow them it could weaken your injury case and make the jury think you were not injured from the start.
The Different Ways Truckers Can Be At Fault in an Accident
Every truck accident is unique. There are a number of ways that a trucker could have been at fault in your accident. When you work with a truck accident lawyer, they will investigate the factors surrounding your case and determine the specific cause of fault in your accident.
To successfully establish fault in your accident, your lawyer will try to claim that the truck driver had a duty of care that they failed to uphold, which directly caused your accident and the associated injuries. While there are a large variety of ways that truck drivers can be at fault in an accident, some of the most common driver-related causes of truck accidents include:
- Fatigue. Truck drivers face extreme demands in their jobs. Most significantly, they are usually required to drive for long hours or through the night. However, there are regulations that limit the number of consecutive hours a trucker can log in a day. If a driver failed to uphold these restrictions, they may be at fault.
- Operation failures. While truckers are responsible for how they operate their vehicles, trucking companies also share a sizable portion of the responsibility for safe truck driving. If a trucking company failed to perform regular mandated safety checks, they may be at fault.
- Unsafe driving. Due to their weight and size, trucks require greater stopping distances and must make turns more carefully than passenger vehicles. Additionally, they must adjust their driving to match road conditions. If a truck driver was operating their commercial vehicle in an unsafe manner, they may be at fault.
These are just a few of the possible ways a truck driver or company could have been at fault in your accident. When you work with a truck accident lawyer, they will identify the specific cause of the accident and pursue the appropriate legal action.
Contact an Experienced Fresno Truck Accident Lawyer
If you have been injured from a truck accident in Fresno, the personal injury lawyers at Setareh Law are here to help. Our team of skilled attorneys prides themselves on providing unmatched legal representation for plaintiffs across California dealing with personal injury and car accident matters. As members of the Beverly Hills Bar Association, we are dedicated to providing exceptional legal counsel. To schedule a free consultation with one of our skilled personal injury lawyers, call today at 310-659-1826 or fill out our online contact form
Schedule a Consult at Our Fresno Location
Setareh Law, APLC
4005 N Blackstone Ave
Fresno, CA 93726