Long Beach Truck Accident Lawyer
Truck Accident Attorney in Long Beach, CA
Unfortunately, residents of Long Beach are no strangers to motor vehicle accidents on California’s roads and highways. Due to their significant weight and size, accidents involving large trucks can be especially damaging to victims. The severe and often catastrophic injuries caused by truck accidents may leave accident victims facing a long and arduous road to recovery. In many cases, this can leave truck accident victims and their families physically, emotionally, and financially debilitated. If you have been injured in an accident in Long Beach, you have the legal right to pursue a claim against the negligent driver for your losses.
The trusted attorneys at Setareh Law are passionate about helping truck accident victims in Long Beach and the neighboring areas achieve the justice they deserve. Our lawyers have dedicated their careers to helping truck accident victims recover the maximum compensation for their claims to get their lives back on track.
Leading Causes of Truck Accidents in Long Beach, California
No two truck accidents are the same and can have various effects on victims with varying levels of severity. Driving a large truck or 18-wheeler is not a simple task, and all truck drivers must undergo extensive training and get a commercial driver’s license (CDL). However, with an increased number of trucks on California roads, truck accidents have become increasingly more common. Some common causes of truck accidents in Long Beach include:
- Operating a truck while under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Distracted driving
- Poorly secured cargo
- Failure to abide by the rules of the road
- Merging without looking
- Drowsy driving
- Road construction
- Slick roads and other hazardous weather conditions
The negligent actions and road hazards above often result in severe injuries for everyone affected. If you were injured in a truck accident, contact an attorney as soon as possible so we can begin investigating your case to hold the negligent party responsible for their careless actions.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
Large trucks have a unique shape and size, which can often create accidents many drivers are unfamiliar with. A few types of common truck accidents in Long Beach include:
- Jackknife Accidents: When a large truck makes a sudden stop, its trailer may swing wide, making a right angle. The rogue trailer can cause severe, multi-car accidents resulting in several casualties.
- Wide Turn Accidents: To accommodate for the truck’s size, drivers often swing their vehicles in the opposite direction before they make a turn. Unfortunately, if the driver fails to check their surroundings, they could easily collide with other vehicles.
- Roll-Over Accidents: If a driver loses control of their truck, it could roll onto its side. This loss of control is often the result of negligent behavior or hazardous road conditions.
- Lost Load Accidents: Cargo that is not secured correctly can come loose at high speeds and become deadly projectiles to others on the road.
Since trucks are much larger than other types of motor vehicles, accidents involving them are more likely to end in tragedy. While you cannot account for trucker negligence, you may be able to avoid some accidents by being aware of the trucker’s blind spot. If you cannot see their face in their side mirrors, it is extremely likely they cannot see you.
Damages You May Be Able to Recover Through a Truck Accident Claim
Depending on the circumstances surrounding their case, truck accident victims may be eligible to recover damages for the losses they have suffered. At Setareh Law, our skilled attorneys have a proven track record of securing the maximum amount of compensation possible for truck accident victims in Long Beach. We personalize our approach to every case to ensure each client receives legal services that fit their needs. Some damages our team may be able to help you recover include:
- Current and future medical expenses
- Lost wages and earning potential
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Significant disfigurement or disability
- Amputation or other loss of limb
- Wrongful death
The skilled attorneys at Setareh Law are committed to thoroughly investigating every case so they can build the strongest claim possible. Your attorney will work with you to learn the details of your case so they can determine the damages you may be eligible to collect.
Speak to a Premier Truck Accident Attorney at Setareh Law
If you have been injured in a truck accident in Long Beach, California, you deserve to have a seasoned legal professional fighting for your rights and interests. At Setareh Law, our attorneys are passionate about defending the rights of truck accident victims and helping them recover from the losses they have endured. Our award-winning team is composed of experts in California law that are ready to help you navigate your claim with ease. To learn more about how our team can help you and schedule a free consultation, call us today at (310) 659-1826 or complete our contact form.