Salinas Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Salinas, California
Salinas, California offers breathtaking landscapes and ideal weather for motorcycle enthusiasts to explore its scenic routes. However, like any other city, Salinas faces the unfortunate reality of motorcycle accidents. Bike crashes can be severe, as two-wheelers lack the structural frame, airbags, and other safety features that shield occupants in enclosed vehicles. Therefore, riders are exposed to direct impact with the road, other vehicles, or objects in the event of a collision.
Motorbike accidents are more likely to cause severe injuries, such as spinal cord injuries and traumatic brain injuries (TBI). The dedicated team of Salinas motorcycle accident lawyers at Setareh Law is committed to providing compassionate support and relentless advocacy for those affected by these catastrophic accidents.
Who Is Liable for a Salinas Motorcycle Accident?
In many cases, negligence is the key factor that establishes liability in all personal injury cases. The following parties may be held responsible for a motorcycle accident:
- Negligent Drivers: Motorists who fail to exercise reasonable care, such as texting while driving, not yielding the right of way, or driving while intoxicated, can be liable for the accident.
- Government Entities: If the accident was caused by hazardous road conditions or poor maintenance, the responsibility may fall on the government entity responsible for road upkeep.
- Vehicle Manufacturers: In some cases, a motorcycle accident may occur due to a manufacturing defect or faulty motorcycle parts. In such instances, the manufacturer may be liable for the accident.
- Other Third Parties: Other individuals or entities whose actions contributed to the accident, such as a negligent mechanic or construction company working on the road, may also share liability.
Determining liability in a Salinas motorcycle accident is crucial for seeking fair compensation for injuries and damages. Contact our experienced Salinas motorcycle accident lawyers if you or a loved one has been injured following a bike accident.
What Happens When Multiple Parties Are Responsible for Your Injuries?
When more than one party is responsible for a Salinas motorcycle accident, determining their respective shares of liability becomes complex. California follows the “comparative negligence” rule, which means that each party is assigned a percentage of fault for the accident based on their actions. If you, as the injured party, are found partially responsible, your compensation will be reduced proportionately.
In such cases involving multiple parties, it’s crucial to have skilled legal representation to navigate the complexities of comparative negligence. Our qualified Salinas motorcycle accdient attorneys can gather evidence, analyze police reports, and consult with accident reconstruction experts to determine the true extent of each party’s liability.
Damages from Motorcycle Crash-Related Injuries
Motorcycle accident victims often suffer severe injuries, such as traumatic brain and spinal cord injuries, bone fractures, emotional distress, and even wrongful death. Damages resulting from a motorcycle crash-related injury can be both economic and non-economic.
These are monetary damages that are easily calculable. They may include:
- Past and future medical expenses, including hospitalization, surgeries, medications, rehabilitation, and ongoing treatments.
- Reimbursement for the income lost due to the inability to work during recovery and potential future lost earning capacity.
- Reimbursement for repairing or replacing damaged property, such as the motorcycle.
These are damages that aren’t as easily calculable and often need the help of a skilled lawyer to determine. They may include:
- Pain and Suffering: This includes physical pain, emotional distress, and loss of enjoyment of life resulting from the accident.
- Wrongful Death Damages: In the unfortunate event of a fatal motorcycle accident, surviving family members may be entitled to compensation for funeral expenses, loss of financial support, and emotional suffering.
Depending on your injuries and other damages in the accident, your compensation may be hard to determine. Our skilled motorcycle accident lawyers at Setareh Law can help you calculate the amount of compensation you are owed following the accident.
Statute of Limitations in Motorcycle Accident Claims
Victims of motorcycle accidents in Salinas must be aware of the statute of limitations, which is the time limit within which a personal injury claim must be filed. In California, the statute of limitations for motorcycle accident claims is generally two years from the date of the accident, after which the court will permanently bar you from claiming compensation.
However, certain exceptions and circumstances may affect the statute of limitations. These circumstances include:
- If the victim is mentally or physically incapacitated after the accident
- If the victim is a minor
- If the defendant is out of the state or in prison
Once the reason for the exception no longer applies, the two-year statute of limitations will begin. It is therefore essential to consult with a knowledgeable motorcycle accident attorney as soon as possible after the accident. An experienced motorcycle accident lawyer can help you meet all legal deadlines and build a solid case to pursue fair compensation for your injuries and losses.
Talk to a Skilled Salinas Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Today
Dealing with a catastrophic motorbike accident injury can be overwhelming for you and your loved ones, leaving you with severe physical, emotional, and financial repercussions. Hiring an experienced California personal injury attorney will allow you to focus on recovery while your attorney handles all the logistics of your case.
Get the help of a compassionate and skilled Salinas motorcycle accident lawyer from Setareh Law. We work tirelessly to protect your rights and help you get the compensation you deserve. Call our offices at (310) 659-1826 or schedule a free consultation with us today. We will review your case and advise on all available legal avenues. Our team also speaks Spanish.