Salinas Truck Accident Lawyer
Truck Accident Lawyer in Salinas, California
Salinas is a vibrant city known for its bustling commercial activities. As a result, the amount of commercial trucks on Salinas roads increases the likelihood of accidents. Truck accidents differ from regular car accidents due to the size and weight of the vehicles involved. As such, big-rig accidents often lead to severe injuries, property damage, and emotional trauma for those involved.
Understanding liability in truck accidents is important to get justice for victims and their families. After a trucking accident, having skilled legal representation can be invaluable and allow you to focus on recovery. With the expertise of our knowledgeable Salinas truck accident lawyers at Setareh Law, you can confidently pursue fair compensation.
Causes of Truck Accidents
Truck accidents can result from various factors. Some common factors leading to truck collisions are:
- Driver Error: Negligent actions by truck drivers, such as speeding, fatigue, distracted driving, or driving under the influence, can lead to serious truck crashes.
- Vehicle Maintenance Issues: Poorly maintained trucks can lead to loss of vehicle control and accidents.
- Unsafe Loading Practices: Improperly loaded or unsecured cargo can shift during transportation, causing the truck to become unstable and leading to accidents.
- Extreme Weather: Salinas experiences its share of adverse weather conditions, such as rain, fog, and strong winds. This can reduce visibility and make driving hazardous.
- Inadequate Training: Trucking companies must ensure that their drivers receive proper training and certifications to handle these large vehicles safely. Failure to adhere to this regulation has caused many semi-trailer accidents.
Understanding these causes can help in devising preventive measures and determining liability. Our skilled California truck accident lawyers will help you investigate the case and present evidence showing what caused the collision.
Determining Liability in Truck Accidents
Determining liability in truck accidents can be complex, as multiple parties may be involved. Depending on the circumstances, potential liable parties may include:
- Truck Drivers: When driver negligence directly causes the accident, such as in cases of speeding or violating traffic rules, the driver may be held liable.
- Trucking Companies: If the accident resulted from inadequate vehicle maintenance, hours of service violations, or negligent hiring practices, the trucking company may share responsibility.
- Vehicle Manufacturers: In cases where the accident was caused by a defective truck or faulty truck components, the manufacturer may be liable for producing a defective product.
- Cargo Companies: Those responsible for loading and securing the cargo may be liable if their negligence leads to an accident.
- Government Entities: In rare cases, poorly designed or maintained roads, inadequate signage, or construction zone mismanagement could make government agencies partially responsible.
An investigation is necessary to uncover the liable parties in truck accidents. Setareh Law will work to help you identify the responsible parties and get the compensation you deserve.
Seeking Compensation for Truck Accidents
It can be overwhelming to go against the trucking company and its insurance provider, especially if you have no legal representation. Hiring an experienced Salinas truck accident lawyer can help ensure you get the compensation you deserve. The following are the damages your attorney will consider to determine the amount of compensation to claim:
- Medical Expenses: Compensation may be awarded to cover the cost of hospitalization, surgeries, medications, rehabilitation, and ongoing medical care for injuries due to the accident.
- Lost Wages: Compensation for lost income if injuries prevent you from working. This includes your current lost wages and any potential future loss of earning capacity.
- Property Damage: This is reimbursement to cover repairing or replacing costs for your vehicle and any personal property damaged in the accident.
- Pain and Suffering: Recompense may be awarded for the physical pain, emotional distress, and reduced quality of life due to the accident.
- Permanent Disability or Disfigurement: You may be eligible for compensation if the accident leaves you permanently disabled or disfigured.
- Loss of Consortium: In cases where the accident has affected your relationship with your spouse or family, you may be able to seek compensation for the loss of companionship and support.
If the truck driver or trucking company were grossly negligent, the judge may also award punitive damages to penalize the at-fault party and deter others from repeating similar behavior.
Work With an Experienced Salinas Truck Accident Lawyer Today
If you or your loved ones have been involved in a truck accident in Salinas, it’s time to take action. The experienced truck accident attorneys at Setareh Law are here to help you navigate the complexities of the legal process, protect your rights, and fight for the compensation you deserve. We will conduct a thorough investigation, gather essential evidence, negotiate with insurance companies to pursue a fair settlement, and, if necessary, take the case to court to advocate for your rights.
Our firm is committed to pursuing justice for our clients and has a track record of success in handling matters involving truck accidents. Our compassionate and skilled attorneys empower our clients to focus on their recovery while trusting that their attorney is working diligently to secure the compensation they deserve. Call us at (310) 659-1826 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation. Our team also speaks Spanish.